Sunday 20 October 2013

Construction of CD album


Firstly, I got a measuring tape and a random DVD and recorded down the sizes as I want my album to be the same size. I also measured the inside leaflet as I want to add a small photobook for the fans.








 
Feedback during construction
 
 

 
I asked some of my target audience which shade of brown/beighe they prefered and the majority of them said they ligheter shade. I acted upon their feedback by blending the colours and turning it a lightly orange-y shade due to the fact that it didn't stand out enhough.
 



 
I then asked my audience after I edited the colour and gave then two choices and the majority of them chose the lighter orange. Thus following their decision, I continued to work on the rest of the CD case.
 
 
 ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
 
Audience Feedback
Natalie Elvin, 17, Female
 
What do you think of front cover?
I'd instantly it's a K-pop album because of the colours you've used and I know for a fact that K-pop albums use dark-neutral colours. I like the cherry blossom layer you've used and it shows her innocent side and I'd also associate it with Kpop/Asia.
 
What do you think of the font I've used?
I like how you've made the artists name a lot bigger than the rest and it shows that Mi-Kyong has a lot of star power.
 
What do you like/dislike about the spine?
I like how you've laid out the font in a vertical manner 'cause if this was on a shelf I wouldn't need to turn my head around to see the album name. I think you could have changed the artists initials in a different colour to make it stand out more.
 
What are your feedbacks on the back?
I like how you've included 2 images in the background and it fits with the album name of Disturbance. The colour scheme and layout, you've kept it consistent and that's a crucial characteristic on an album. You've also added a barcode and the record labels logo which hits the criteria. There's a bit of a blank space on the back but if you've added more to it I think that it would have been too much and not balanced.
 
What are your thoughts on the CD itself?
The clock relates to the music video Disturbance and entices the audience to listen to the other songs. I like the picture you've used and she's directly looking at the audience which makes them want to listen to the CD. I like how you've subverted it and doesn't follow the CD case. 
 
~ ~ ~
 
Rebecca Davis, 17, female
 
What do you like about the front cover?
I like the fact that it's simple but effective.  I has a focus point to it which I really like, it's not like the western type CDs which has too much going on that it gives me a head ache. I like how the texts look 3D.
 
What do you like/dislike about the spine?
I like the fact that you used the same font from the front cover too which shows continuity. It stands out from the rest and if I saw this on a shelf i'd notice it as it's vertical and not horizontal.
 
What are your feedbacks on the back?
I like how you've got the barcode and the SM entertainment logo which makes it look legimiate. I like how you've kept it all the same throughout the entire album.

~ ~ ~
Abbie Boorman, 17, female

What do you like about the front cover?
I really like the cherry blossom tree and it links well with the Asian culture, thee colours contrast well and it makes her stand out even more.

Thoughts on the spine?
I like the logo at the spine and the vertical text. I like how you've got the initials of the artist.

what do you like about the back?
I like the pictures you've used, I like the same frame you've used as it's the same as the front and the barcode looks real.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very good Kim, make sure you are very clear why you are using different dimensions for your digi-pac you mention it but you need to make it very very obvious. Everything else is super - well done keep working.

    EJ

    ReplyDelete