Tuesday 9 July 2013

Audience Feedback - Primary research

The song I have chosen to use for my Music Video is Disturbance by an artist named BOA who’s managed by the SM Entertainment (one of the “Big Three” companies). I have chosen this song because it fits with the summer season and the fact that I will be filming during the summer is an advantage. I will also be able to use various locations for this. But one of the most important reasons is that I like this song a lot and I listen to it near enough every day.
So in today’s lesson I was able to play the song to a group of people who are also my target audience; giving them all a piece of paper they were able to write down words, feelings and other impressions they got from the song.

Here are some feedbacks I received from them with these feedbacks I will be able to incorporate their ideas into my music video. This will be beneficial for me as the information given to me is directly from them therefore it’s what they want to see.




Ideas and themes which came up repeatedly are:
  • Summer
  • Couple scene
  • Performance
  • Narrative
  • Happy
  • Relaxed

I will try my very best to integrate all of these ideas into my final piece as this is what my Target audience likes.
These words also link into the conventions of the music video.

The word summer can be used and seen in various ways, for example it could be linked to Mise-en-scene by using summery themed clothes which would portray the season, and the word summer may also refer to a summery location such a park, garden or a beach.
My audience has also mentioned using a teenage girl and a corresponding performance this could be connected to the camera shots, movements and angles. As the song is about a girl remembering her past I will be able to use a high angle shot which would connote innocent and vulnerability. The use of bright or high-key lighting will again relate to the summer theme and it could also portray a dream-like feel to the music video which could possibility link to the narrative.


1 comment:

  1. Refer to our conversation re amending this post slightly!

    ReplyDelete