Tuesday 17 September 2013

Audience feedback: Ancillary Task - Magazine Advert

This is a very simple and straightforward questionnaire which I gave out to my target audience. Specifically didn't say what the first set of images was for as I wanted their honest opinion. On the other hand they may link it to the sketches I have create below. I asked 10 people both genders and here are the results:

4 of the male audience chose the same image and that was the middle picture where she is looking at on the left. But one of the male audience chose the first image and when I asked him why he chose it he stated "I think she gives a powerful vibe to the audience by the way she's standing" I do agree that her posture in that image portrays his statement.
3 of the female audience chose the middle image and I all asked why and they all had a common answer of "she looks so beautiful" and this shows that the artists appeal to the audience is sometimes through beauty. The other two chose the one on the far left and they stated that she looks "very innocent and cute" but this is not what I am trying to portray so I will not be using that image.

For the layout there was almost a split decision where 9 people voted for the middle image with the title of the album on the bottom and the artists name at the top and 11 people chose the far right image. I asked the first person to choose the far right ans they said that they liked the composition of the title and name and it looks nicer than the rest but another person argued and stated that layout on the middle looks nicer and the name of the artists should always come first.

After evaluating my audience's feedback I have decided to create a simple plan of what I have gathered from the information they have given me and this is what I've made:


No comments:

Post a Comment