Friday 20 September 2013

Unedited shots | Production Difficulties

  



These are two compilations of some of the shots I have take. As you can see, I have tried to take more than one shot of each scene. The reason I have done this is so that I will have a wide variety of shots to choose from when I edit my music video. This will also help me when I need filler scenes as I will have a lot of shots to have spare. I also tried to play around with the different angles and shots to see which was most effective for my Music Video. I was able to capture over 300+ shots therefore I have a big pallet to work with. 

Pre-Production - 
I went to Chinatown up in central London to meet up with my friend Sam (also the main actor) in my music video to take pictures in the photo booths for the music video. I knew that LLPS (the photo booth company) send the digital copy through email thus I will be able to put them in the music video. But this is the hard copy and it's also in a collage which is not what I need. 
 

During the shooting - 

The first day of filming was good as I was able to take a lot of shots but we had a bit of a external difficulty as the clouds were unpredictable and covered the sun. British weather is something out of my control but we learnt to adjust to it. It was also kind of difficult as I wasn't used to being so direct on people and how they should act and I could tell that Richa wasn't very comfortable. But she soon opened up and released her inner actress.

The second day, we had a little bit of struggle for one of the clips as I requested for her to cry and we tried so many ways such as putting an onion below her eyes to make her cry, watching sad videos and listening to sad songs and after an hour her eyes still wouldn't tear up. So I kindly asked my dad to run to Tesco and get eye drops as a substitute for fake tears. For the mean time I took some filler clips such as her with the frame and lip syncing to the song.



As she isn't fluent in Korean, Richa needed to memorize the whole song but at some verses she struggled with the pronunciation therefore we stopped filming so she can re-read them again on the laptop.





No comments:

Post a Comment