Monday 30 September 2013

Construction of Ancillary Task: Magazine Advert

This is the construction of my Magazine Advert












 






From what I have made so far I feel that it's attractive but there should be a certain unique selling point to the product. I like the colours I have used and the feeling it emits to the audience.  The black rose was a very good touch to my album advert as it looks feminine but the colour of it is black therefore balancing the roses purpose.

I personally would like to make the image a little bit lighter as I feel that it's too dark. As I am only 50% finished with this, I still have to write the release date, name of my artist and make a Korean version of the magazine using the same techniques.

I showed what my magazine advert looks like to 3 of my target audience as I wanted to see what they thought about it and here are the feedbacks.

Target Audience 1
Sam Hong 16 , male.
What do you think about it?
 I like the picture you used and it's the one I picked on your questionnaire as well! She looks really pretty and her smile is infectious.   
 Do you like the font I used for the album title for advert?
Yep! It looks really posh and elegant but you need to add the artists name too.
What should I improve on or add?
I think you should but her name on it...erm...just touch up her face a little bit more.

Target Audience  2
Lilly Wong, 18
What do you like about the advert?
I like the vintag-y look of the album and at a first glance I would instantly know that this is a Kpop album.
What can I improve on?
Hmm...I think  you should add a border of some sort or like a little border around the name of the album and artist so it'll be more elegant.

Target Audience 3
Anna-may Villegas, 21
What do you think of the advert so far?
I think it look of it, it's clean and tiny not all over the place like most Kpop albums plus it has a hint of Western touch to it.
What do you not like about the magazine advert?
There isn't something I don't necessary like but I think that you should add something to really grab our attention.

From what I have gathered I now know what my audience are looking for which I will act upon when I edit it for the second time round. I shall try to see if a border would look nice, add a feature which would grab the audience's attention and touch up a little bit more of her face as Korean artists are known to look flawless. 







For audience research I sent the magazine advert to my audience through WhatsApp and asked audience series of questions. 

From Kotryna's response I believe that I have hit all of the criteria for a Kpop magazine advert and she was even shocked that I put the code pin which is a new interactive way for artists to connect with their fans and audience.
 Here, Becka stated that the font at the bottom left is a little hard to read so I will redo that now.

These are my final magazine album adverts. One in English for the international fans and one in Korean for the Korean fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment