Friday 1 November 2013

Construction of Music Video : First Draft | Changes | Feedback

This is my first edit




To make the video, I used Adobe CS4 Premier Pro which is an excellent software as it comes with a wide range of tools, video effects, transitions and audio effects.
This is my very rough  edit as you can see the lip syncing is a little off, there's little transitions and there are no filters. I just wanted to cut and trim all of the clips I want to use and adjust it according to the audio.

Changes I've done to the original narrative - 

I have changed the story plot as I evaluated it and I didn't quite like it. Thus changing it, I doubt that it's evident in the first edit as it doesn't show the ending. 

New plot -

Mi-Kyong has been engaged to a new man that she doesn't love. She hesitates to put her ring on as she knows that her wedding will right around the corner. She gets up from her previous position and walks inside the living room. But it isn't hers, it's her ex boyfriends. She sees the pictures above the fireplace and notices that he's happy with his new love. She picks up the frame one by one and she tries to re-live the times with him and how that used to be her in those pictures. But instead she's been replaced by someone else. She keeps trying to remember again and again but she can't. She finds herself lost in her own thoughts until she finally wakes up and realizes her reality is upon her. 

Audience Feedback

Audience 1: Celine, 15 - 
I really like the way it's clean and slow paced. Most Kpop music videos now a days are too flashy and doesn't have a meaning behind it so I think this is a good change. Though I don't quite understand what's happening..well..that's because it's unfinished so after you do the rest it'll make more sense. But I think  you should take the bit where she doesn't lip  sync on time and add a different clip?

Audience 2: Jessie, 19 - 
I like what you've matched the speed of song with the video cuts. As in, it's not fast cuts what confuse the audience. I also like the shots you've used. The storyline is clear to me even though it's not finished yet. But you need to add more transitions like fades and cross fades in the future to keep it clean. Don't add wipes or page rolls because it doesn't match your song choice.

 I will keep these feed-backs in mind for when I edit it again. I will include as much of the advice they have given me for the second draft. Receiving feedback at this stage is crucial as I am able to manipulate the video the way my intended audience want it. Thus being able to target them directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment