Monday 4 November 2013

Construction of Music Video : Draft 2

 
 
Changes to the second draft:
 
I added the rest of the clips of my music video though I haven't added much transitions as this is my second rough copy and I just wanted to add and cut the clips to the length and speed I wanted. I also added a purple filter to the "Memory scenes" as the colour purple is associated with dreams and memeory. I added a few transitions in the first third of the music video too as I needed to have a smooth transition.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Audience Feedback
 
Kotryna M, 18, female
Positive -
"I like how the story line flows with the song and speed"
"Even though I don't understand what the song says, it's obvious that there's something wrong in the relationship"
"The tea scene in the end is my favorite. I find that very cleaver and as an English Language student, I can see how you've used the tea and cups to symbolise feelings and love"
 
Negative -
"The lip syncing is a little off"
"The colour seems a bit dull"
"I don't like the transitions, it doesn't fit the mood of the song?"
 "The first 2 cuts of the tea scene in the beginning is a little too quick"
 
~ ~ ~
 
Nathan, 17,  male
 
Positive -
"I like how you've done it. At the beginning she's singing as if she's talking to the audience making us feel like the guy."
"The colours you've used are great, the locations are pretty interesting too. From the garden, to the living room then Chinatown, the transition from locations are smooth and I really like that."
"The way you've caputred the memories are so good! the slow motions and the tints on the video's are good"
 
Negative -
"The only thing I don't really like is the tea scene being cut too quick, but other than that it's good"
 
~ ~ ~

From the feedback I've recieved, I will act upon it and create a third draft which will hopefully meet the needs of my target audience. I will have to slow down the speed of the tea scenes, change and add transitions as well as entice the colours. A separate post will be maed on how I've created the video.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment