Monday 11 November 2013

Construction of music video: Using Adobe CS4

Software - Adobe CS4 Premier Pro
Hardware - 4ft Tripod, Canon 11D00


 This is  the first stage of the construction, I first opened up CS4 premier pro and imported all of the files I needed which I have shot myself and also the audio track. This took quite a bit of time due to the amount of files I had filmed. I then cut the clips into the length I needed however I didn't change anything in regards to speed and colour correction as I wanted to get the length at the right area of the song. I also disabled the audio from the different clips as they are unwanted.


After cutting and placing the clips into the correct area of the song, I rewatched it several times in order to see how well it fits with the lip synchronisation and if my artists reaction were appropriate. Then I rendered the Sequence in order to play it smoothly.



As you can see from the first print screen the clips didn't for the whole stage therefore I had to make them fit by changing the size of the files. After, I found a way in order to make it "fit" onto the stage which I done by right-clicking the clip and click "Fit".


Once I finished placing the clips into the correct area, I started to edit the video clips by increasing the brightness and contrast because I received a feedback on my first draft that the colours were too dull therefore I increased the brightness and sharpened the colour. I copied and pasted this correction onto the other files in the garden scene only as the rest didn't need corrections.


For the dream sequence, I wanted to add a tint of purple and white into the clips because the colour purple is known as dream-y and imaginative colour. I used the "4 colour gradient" effect on the clips, I selected the colours I want and played around with the location of colours. I then blended the colours together as I didn't want solid harsh lines then I was able to choose the layering option which I chose Overlay as I didn't want the colour to be too strong. If I had chosen Multiply, the colour gradient was too strong and it didn't look appealing.


To show some of my skills which I have learnt throughout the process of making this music video, I added new layer of video to show Mi-Kyong's reaction and Sam. I done this by laying over a new clips and then screening her as I didn't want her clips to be too strong, so I increased the blending opyion which meant it would be smoother. As the clip was originally the other way around, I've had to flip the clip horizontally and then make it fit onto the stage. I believe that by doing this, I was able to add a different atmosphere onto the video.


One of the key conventions which I have noticed on the majority of narrative based korean music videos is the use of text. In order to meet this characteristic, I added text for the beginning of my of my music video to introduce the artist and the song title. Conveniently enough, the pre-made font that I used for the title of my Mazgine advert was available on here which allows me to show continuation with my work. I added extra details such as the line as I wanted to make it more attractive. After, I imported the title onto the timeline and added transitions in order to make it effective.




No comments:

Post a Comment