Tuesday 3 December 2013

Construction of music video: Draft 5

"Your music video reminds me a little bit of Heaven by Ailee. If you added a filter to the videos and clips it would make it look more unique and have a sense of antique-ness to it" - Rhys Lam, 17.


 
 
This is the music video which Rhys was talking about and I believe by adding this similar effect to my music video my demographic will like it more.

From what I have learnt from all of my audience feedback they wanted a sense of Western aspects to it as well as Korean.

I used Adobe Premier Pro to add the filter and edit the music video again.

 
I added the filter using the 4 gradiant colour effect as I wanted the clips to have a varietion in terms of colour as I've learnt from Ailee's Music video, if I kept the beige colour by itself iy would look too dull which will put my audience off.
 

 
I have placed the colours is the corners of the side of the music video as I wanted a colour effect to it. The colour I have chosen to use are white and orange/beige. This was because from previous research orange and white blends together to make a hazey and romantic effect. This is evident in Ailee's music video and it's a convention I wish to follow.
 
 
As I've stated in previous posts, I would change the title colour to black. This is because I wanted a sense of "disturbance" to my music video and the black text which is contrasting againt the white may forshadow the narrative of the music video. I have added a white shadow to the title so that the title isn't too black washed which may turn away my demographic.
I have also increased the title duration to 3.5 seconds as from my previous audience research I learnt that the title was too quick for the audience to read.
 
I also added two graphic matches on the tea scenes as some of my audience didn't link the teas to the male characters. I thought that by adding the male characters images it would sign post it to the audience.
 
 Firstly I edited the image of the guys through photoshop. I used the eraser tool which took off the background colour, then I shaped the image by layering the image of the tea cup and erasing the sides to fit the shape. I then exported it as a video so Adobe Premier Pro will allow me to import it then I added video transitions such as fade and gradients.
 
This is the final video

No comments:

Post a Comment