Tuesday 10 December 2013

New Album Design

These are some of the famous Korean albums which are from the female artists, they all have similarities such as the simple plain background, large artist name and a small album title.

I used these pictures as inspiration for my new album. I used the same techniques in Photoshop from what I've learnt previously.



The new technique I used to create the gradient effect. I created this effect by adding a rectangle object on a new layer above the image and then using the option to "Screen" it then I rasterized the layer which enabled me to edit it then used the gradient paint effect where I then picked the yellow and pink/coral colour to create an effect much like BOA's (bottom right) on the picture above.

I repeated these steps for the back cover as well as the spine. One of the most noticeable changes I have made was the images. For the front image, I kept the same image and enlarged it to fit the size of the album. I kept the same size as I think it is a good size for a Korean Album as they all come in different shapes and sizes. I also kept the font and texts I used however I changed the colour as i wanted it to stand out against the background, so I used the paint bucket tool and paint each letter.

This is the outcome of the old album vs the new :

The Front
 The Back
The Spine





No comments:

Post a Comment